October 21, 2012

Zander Grace

We were lucky enough to finally welcome this sweet baby girl into our lives on July 17, 2012 at 5:30 pm. Much to my relief, she actually came a day before her scheduled c-section. As many of you know, I've been a bit worried this pregnancy, with my past radiation and previous issues, so when my doctor scheduled her c-section for a Wednesday, as happy as I was to get her here I had my worries with that particular day.  Sensible me tells me I'm dumb, but superstitious me didn't one more thing to worry about...what is that you may ask? It all comes down to the Monday's child poem:

Mondays child is fair of face, 
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

Stupid poem has one bad day to be born on, and it was Wednesday, but clearly this girl had plans of her own and didn't want her mom to worry. And I was so happy she came on Tuesday, that that is how Zander Grace got her middle name!

I was really bad at taking tummy pics this pregnancy, mostly since on more than one occassion people assumed I was having twins, so Jill hurried and snapped one just before I was heading into surgery. Warning,  some pictures are not for the faint of heart, although I hope by putting in black and white you don't realize what is blood :)






























No comments: