September 20, 2009

Stupid Norton Auto Renewal-- BEWARE!

Visma>
You are being transferred to Visma.

Visma>
Welcome to Norton Support, my name is Visma , Can I please have a minute to go through the information you have provided?

Mrs. Rani Child>
yes

Visma>
I see that you are charged for the auto renewal feature of your Norton product and you need a refund for the renewal ,right?

Mrs. Rani Child>
yes

Mrs. Rani Child>
and i imagine I was renewed last year too without my knowledge

Mrs. Rani Child>
i have not had norton for over two years

Visma>
I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing.

blah blah blah

Visma>
Did you receive any email regarding the auto renewal?

Mrs. Rani Child>
NOTHING!

Mrs. Rani Child>
I don't even use that credit card

Mrs. Rani Child>
so now I have been charged late fees on top of that since I didn't know I had any charges on that card

Visma>
Not to worry I will help you.

Visma>
Shall I go ahead and process the refund now?

Mrs. Rani Child>
Please (but seriously more like DUH)

Mrs. Rani Child>
and what about last years?

Visma>
Rani , now I have processed the auto renewal charge of this year .

Visma>
We are not able to process the refund for the last year renewal charge .

Mrs. Rani Child>
Then I would like you to pay my credit card late fees.

Mrs. Rani Child>
I also want you to cancel this auto renewal feature.

Visma>
I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing.

Visma>
Now I have disabled the auto renewal feature of your Norton product.

Mrs. Rani Child>
Is there a manager I can speak to about last year's charge?

Visma>
Before transferring you to my supervisor, I believe I can assist you with this issue. If you agree I can first look into this issue for you and if you still not satisfied you can chat with my supervisor.

Mrs. Rani Child>
yes that is fine

Visma>
Rani , we have not able to process the refund for the last year renewal charge .

Mrs. Rani Child>
So then will you be getting your supervisor?

Visma>
Sure.

Visma has left room.


Jithin has entered room.

(notice the names?)

Jithin>
Rani, I see that you have been charged for the renewal of Norton program and you need a refund for that. Right?

Mrs. Rani Child>
Yes Visma gave me a refund for this recent renewal, but it has occured to me that since i have not had Norton in over two years, that I was also charged last year unbeknownst to me.

Jithin>
Rani, we will not be able to process the refund for the renewal of Norton program that is older than 120 days. I really regret that this happened to you.

blah blah blah

Mrs. Rani Child>
I can tell you that Norton has lost me as a customer forever, and I will be sure to blog about this too! (Cause apparently that's the worst thing I can think of at the moment??? That will show them right?)

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

TOTALLY! Whatever Norton is... I don't want anything to do with it now. Sorry you had to deal with all of that! Have it out on FB too.