September 3, 2007

Calvin's Arrival!

I never thought this day would get here, and fortunately it came a week before planned. Calvin decided to do a few acrobats 2 weeks before his due date and turned breech. So until then I thought I would be having a normal delivery. By the way, if a doctor asks if you would like for him to attempt to turn the baby manually at 38 weeks, take the c-section. For $650 bucks, they accomplished nothing and I experienced the worst pain of my life (far worse then the c-section or recovery).

We had a scheduled c-section on April 23, 2007. I personally thought it was a great way to go. It was pretty cool going to the hospital at a scheduled time and knowing within a couple of hours you would finally get to met your little guy. I have zero regrets about not being able to deliver vaginally. Of course, I don't know any other way, but I had been fearing labor, delivery, and all the horror stories that go with it. Delivery was a breeze and it took all of 45 minutes. I felt pretty great until the drugs wore off about 12 hours later. The recovery on the other hand was the hardest part, but it was bearable. Calvin came out completely perfect and looking exactly like his daddy, which is definately a good thing!Although, when you carry a kid for 9 months you are always wondering what features he will take from both of you... apparently Will's DNA
just beat all mine up or something. I did eventually find a few features from myself--his ears, toes and eyelashes.

It was definately by far the best day of my life. It is amazing how instantly you could love somebody so much. He is definately the greatest thing that has ever happened to us!


No comments: